Sunday, February 10, 2008

10K on the road and new shoes


Yesterday I picked up some new shoes. Went to the Running Room in Owen Sound . This is the first time that I was actually fitted! My feet are a half size differnet , I was running in 10.5 and they said I needed 11 . They also said that I needed some motion control , something about my Ankles tilting in when I stand. So I tried on a few pair and ended up with the Adidas Supernova 5 Trail.


Took the new kicks for a run , did 10K N on the second in 50:55 , within 30 seconds of my best time this winter . Shoes felt solid , not allot of give. At the end of the run I ended up with blisters on the arch of my foot ! I was happy with the solid feel , I suspect that the arch thing will improve . Next time out I will have to wear bandaids !

No comments: