Sunday, May 14, 2017

Seaton Soaker 50 km - Pickering, Ont May 13, 2017

Registered for the Seaton Soaker way back in December.   At that time my work schedule had me off but that changed and I was scheduled to work nights. Did want to waste the race bib so I book off my shift.... no big deal ,  right!   We not so easy comes to mind .... worked  Tues ,  Wed , Thurs and Fri Midnight to 8am ..... went home Friday the stayed up all day heading to bed at 5:45 pm.....



















 Had my best sleep of the week getting up an hour before my 3am alarm!!!!!!   Did all the usual race morning stuff then headed to Pickering ,  Ran 50K ,  drove home and here is the punch line ,  back in to work Sat Eve to work 8pm to 8am ....YIKEs.

 I had a good race ,  a really good race I have never had a fantastic Seaton just OK but today was pretty good logging 6hrs3min6sec.    Did  a total of 8 Gels,  about 3 liters of Water and a couple of S Caps.   It was humid and 10C at the start with no breeze what so ever so things got a little bit warm as temps edged up.    There was a ton of traffic on the first lap and I was guilty of tucking in and running other folks pace ... I much prefer just to do my own thing!   I was 100% good until the river at the 21K mark then I had a bit of a struggle with the wet then heavy muck a K later.    Got over it passing through the start finish but I really felt like I was always pushing it the second half.   I enjoyed the run but the funny sleeping and mids made for some legs that just didn't have much "pop" in them.     I was surprised when I finished because the last loop I only slowed down about 20 seconds / km but it felt like allot more.    The heart rate was higher ....  ran my feel not so much watching the HRM like PYP.   This is what the Fitbit reported .....






















Its cute that it thought I ran 56.92 km!

Garmin Data said the course was a bit short but its often inaccurate on theses sorts of runs ....

























Found a race picture that I really liked ....


























 So I was really pleased with my results ,  a course PB at 6hrs3min6sec last year was 6hrs16min48sec and in 2012 it was 7hrs22min59sec and 2010 6hrs56min54sec.  

 Up next in 2 weeks the Sulphur Springs 50Ker...cant wait!


No comments: