Monday, August 14, 2017

Endur Stage 1 - 1/2 Marathon - Sunday August 13, 2017

  Its been a long  time since i have done a 1/2 Mary and I did one  yesterday completing the EndurRun Stage 1 in 1hr59min5sec.     I really didn't have any idea what to expect I haven't been running many roads and all of my " speed " workouts are typically 7k on the treadmill!   I wasn't planning on racing it but I wasn't planning  on jogging either decided just to go out there and settle into what ever pace felt reasonable.

 The course was a mix of road and park paths with a few little hills here and there.     The first K was done at a 5:37 pace and that is more or less where I spent the next couple of hours!    First 15k were pretty solid ,  I would say a moderate effort.   Kept the HR in the high 140's to low 150s and  it actually seemed to be an OK run.   At 15k the legs stiffened a bit and I noticed the the heart rate was ever so slowly creeping up.  I didn't fuel nor did I take in any fluids ...just ran.   Last few Ks were hard,  it was felling like a whole lot more effort and I slowed a little but I did manage to log a 5:45 K at the end!

Finished 40th out of 64 averaging a 5:39 pace!

 Relive the run bu clicking here ...its really cool!






No comments: